AEC英语角bbs.eclub.name
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
搜索

结果按:

Rechercher 高级搜索

最新主题
» If only I can do something to help you~
Can money bring happyness? Empty周四 五月 06, 2010 8:32 pm 由 lumy

» 안녕하세요 ^_^
Can money bring happyness? Empty周日 五月 10, 2009 5:01 pm 由 Jeong

» Hey people out there
Can money bring happyness? Empty周二 五月 05, 2009 11:22 pm 由 blanche

» hi,i'm david
Can money bring happyness? Empty周一 五月 04, 2009 8:48 pm 由 davidchen

» hey~guys^^
Can money bring happyness? Empty周六 五月 02, 2009 2:49 pm 由 Megan

» Iam johnson
Can money bring happyness? Empty周四 四月 30, 2009 10:51 am 由 johnson123

» Hello guys
Can money bring happyness? Empty周三 四月 29, 2009 10:10 pm 由 Joanna

» Hello everyone, from Alibaba's
Can money bring happyness? Empty周五 四月 24, 2009 7:32 pm 由 blanche

» ECLE Meeting (May 17th, 2009)
Can money bring happyness? Empty周五 四月 24, 2009 7:25 pm 由 blanche

合作伙伴
免费论坛

免費論壇
合作伙伴
免费论坛

免費論壇
四月 2024
周一周二周三周四周五周六周日

日历 日历

Can money bring happyness?

向下

Can money bring happyness? Empty Can money bring happyness?

帖子  Admin 周三 四月 01, 2009 10:21 am

Can money bring happyness?

The recent discuss about rich and poor on the forum reminded me the debate of ‘can money bring happiness’ in my head for a long time. I decided that money can bring us limited happiness, but it can’t fundamentally change how we feel. Do you agree?

After hearing the story below, I thought I understood a little better of both arguments.

- Money can’t bring happiness - For the rich, it’s hard to tell if the people around them are true friends or just want their money. It’s very sad for not being able to trust anyone and not having true friends.

- Money can bring happiness - For the girl in the story below, money can buy her happiness of being able to visit and spend time with her friends.

The girl had been close friends with a wealthy couple for a long time. They moved far apart after her graduation and their retirement to a remote small town. The couple had visited her a few times. Later on, they asked her to visit them and offered to pay the travel expenses, since they couldn’t travel anymore due to their age.

She had made excuses for not visiting because she didn’t have money for the tickets and didn’t want to accept their money either. Unfortunately, the gentleman passed away unexpectedly. She felt terrible for not seeing him before his death.

She didn’t want the same thing happen again with the lady. So she managed to come up with enough money and visited her. During the last day of her stay, the lady sat her down and asked her why she visited all of a sudden. In between the conversation, it finally dawned to her that the lady suspected that the purpose of her visit was asking for money.

After she had left, the lady realized that her friend sincerely wanted to see her and didn’t want any her money, she asked the friend to visit her again. The girl would be very happy to visit her friend. But now she is sad because she truly can’t afford the travel expenses once a year, she could not accept the rich lady’s offer of paying it, and she doesn’t want to make up excuses either.

Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 53
注册日期 : 09-02-26

http://airportenglishclub.yahubb.com

返回页首 向下

返回页首

您在这个论坛的权限:
不能在这个论坛回复主题